Sunday, May 10, 2009

New blog;

While this blog is mostly centred on me and my feelings, what's going on in my life, I have decided to make a new blog, to blog on things in the outer world. Usually I put these blogs on myspace, some of them, but ultimately after I finish uni, I want to be a writer/journalist. This new blog is simply just practice, practice at writing, practice as analysing the entertainment world.

When saying I want to be a journalist I must be specific. I've never been a sports, weather, general news, politics girl. It's not the fact I don't care, it's the fact that my interested is waned. From a very young age though, the entertainment industry always fascinated me, the good and the bad aspects. I was reading my nonna's so called gossip magazines from a very tender age. I don't find the gossip so much fascinating, just more of the lives these so called role models or celebrities lead. Ever wondered what it would be like, to be in their shoes for one day? Some may scoff at me, but every person has a story to tell. I want to be able to tell the stories of others, in an honest and true portrayal, see the person behind the famous facade. Because in the end, they have their own battles to face and are human just like us.

Sometimes I have an obvious discernment towards the media. This can be obvious in my blogs. Why then do I want to join the industry that I can be critical towards? Strange I know, and I can't really explain it. To make a difference? I'm not sure. If I am fortunate enough to be able to be a music journalist or second best an entertainment writer, I would like to think I can do it well. Through my analysation of some magazines and the hypocrisy I see in them (See the first blog on my new page) I know that, that is not the type of reporting I want to do. And in knowing that, I think that can help make a difference.

So the link to the new blog. Follow, read, do what you do. See the world through my eyes;

http://tahliatalk.blogspot.com/

No comments: