Friday, October 30, 2009

My life - a short update

I have been happy lately. This shouldn't be a weird thing, but I feel happier than I have for a long time. The things that used to get me down aren't so much anymore, and I feel like I'm finally taking a huge step forward into slowly becoming the person I really want to be.

It's my sisters 21st tonight! Should be a good night, may update on how it goes. The night starts with fishbowls (big arse alcoholic drinks that cost like $30) at 6pm and it should be all crazy from then on. Have another 21st next week, scrubs theme, which shall also be a good weekend, seeing as I have a whole TWO weekends off from work in a row which is a rarity.

Boring updates --> Work is good, healthy eating plan is going good, driving is ok, exercise isn't really happening but whatever. We'll get there when I get more time. Friends are good, home is good, Wagga is good. I really don't have much to complain about.

For some reason male attention has been a bit on the uprise lately which is weird, flattering but weird, considering I am not really interested. I'm just more focused on my family, friends and work at the moment, to bother with adding any complications. And also I know I wouldn't be able to commit to it, because it's not fair involving myself with someone, if I still deep down like someone else.

I've been working on my commitment issues. I realised I have been at my job now for 7 months, which is some kind of record for me. Because this time around when the going got tough a couple months back (and I assure you, it got real tough) I stuck it out, rather than bailed. This has somewhat turned me around I think. It shows me I am stronger than I originally thought I was, and that I'm finally putting those demons from the year 9 and 10 years of school behind me, letting go off the past and everything that happened and moving on. FINALLY

Looking forward to the future, and all experiences to come. Good or bad, it's all a learning curve.

No comments: