Thursday, February 4, 2010

Changes

It's been a while. I neglected you oh blog I am sorry. But here goes to posting more regularly. I need to keep on this writing thing.

UPDATES:

I am now unemployed after a year of working full time at the local cinema. This was a massive learning experience. You only had to glance through my older posts to realise how much I hated my job. The bullying, backstabbing, bitching. However for some bizarre reason I blocked it out and go on with it. And I'm so glad I had the inner strength to go through with it. I made some great friends, and have come out a stronger, more confident and honest person. Taking a gap year before uni was the right decision for me. I am more self aware, and am ready to embrace the new year with the new Tahlia.

I move in a weeks time. It is scary, and exciting. The time I have been dreaming and dreading simultaneously has arrived. 6 months ago if you told me it was time to go, I would have packed up my bags and gone running out the door. Now it's harder to leave. I've made some new friends, and it makes saying goodbye harder. However, I have to remember I will probably be making new friends in Wollongong. Wagga nightlife has picked up, and everything in Wagga has just seemed a lot more fun and carefree, and I love it. But it makes me glad I can leave with fond memories then.

It's always weird to think that some people you may just not keep in contact or ever see again. Whether it be my best friend who I have now drifted apart from after this last year, or whether it be the guy I have casually been hanging out with and hooking up with on a drunken saturday night. It makes me wonder why these people are in your life? To teach you something? To fill in time? Or to give you an everlasting memory of your young, wild and carefree days. Saying goodbye is sad. But it's something that must be done.

So Saturday night is my last in Wagga Wagga. I'll update and let you know how it goes. And within the next week I'll be writing to this blog, not in my family living room in a rural town, but in a small, crowded, on campus room, with the beach ten minutes away.

And so begins the new chapter of my life...

No comments: