Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The sound of the new year saviour, pen on paper.

Merry new year to all !

So my night begins at 7, with a bowl of punch. No, sorry not a bowl but a bucket. My friends made it up and it apparently included 4 bottles of passion pop, some midori, vodka and smirnoff double blacks. I decide to have a little taste and it surprisingly is quite good.
The night involved a bit of table dancing at pre drinks, and finally my friend came to pick us up to take us out. She got ready at hers, and along with her boyfriend we lined up outside the nightclub. By this time it was 11.40 pm and I resigned myself to the fact that I'd be welcoming the new year on the street.

However, the massive line up, got through rather quickly so with 5 minutes to spare we made it inside. A casual friend of mine offered to be my new years kiss. I politely declined..well I hope it was polite. I'd rather not be kissed, then wake up the next morning with regret looming in the back of my mind.

So the clock strikes 12. Streamers, confetti etc being thrown. My friend starts pashing her boyfriend. This is sufficiently awkward as I stand there looking bored. Thankfully a guy I used to go to school with comes up and gives me a hug, and some other guy I have now named 'hot stranger' gives me a kiss on the cheek.

The rest of the night passes, and it's a fun night. Met some pretty awesome people who I will hopefully see out again some time soon. Also have some guys necklace and no way of contacting him to give it back :S

Anyway goodbye the awesome year of 2008, and hello to what is going to be a VERY different year.

No comments: